We asked our employees to tell us what their favorite plants were.
The results are in!
1. Agapanthus ‘Storm Cloud’ deep purple blooms that last for 2+ months.
Salvia ‘Black &
Blue’ this tender perennial bloomed prolifically from May
– November deep blue flowers out of black buds –Amazing
3. Hibiscus syriacus ‘Marina’ Blue Satin Rose of Sharon, this shrub produces blooms that I have only seen in tropical paradise.
4. Helleborus ‘Ivory Prince’ I planted this perennial in March and it had already been blooming for months. The blooms continued to change a full spectrum of pink, white, & green for 3 more months.
5 - 9
5. Gaura ‘So White’ hundreds of delicate white blooms on 3’ stems bloomed June – November.
Zone 5 - 9
6. Magnolia stellata ‘Royal Star’ early blooms of gracious white stars. First sign of a beautiful spring to come.
5 - 8
7. Black Mondo Grass – Ophiopogon – Makes an elegant border; blooms are discrete but a wonderful color against the black blades.
8. Heuchera ‘Monet’- Cream and green speckled foliage with scarlet flowers – great contrast.
5 - 9
9. Crocosmia ‘Solfatare’ bronze dark foliage with vibrant yellow blooms.
5 - 9, Frost Hardy
10. Chocolate Cosmos, this plant is only hardy to 10°F but the fragrant maroon blooms are worth the yearly investment if it does not winter over.
1. Fuchsia 'Preston Guild' - Hardy fuchsia with white and purple blooms. Blooms the whole summer.
2. Daphne 'Summer Ice' - Variegated leaves and blooms sporadically the whole year. Tripled in size in 1 1/2 years!
3. Brunnera 'Jack Frost' - Perfect shade plant. Silver leaves with small blue flowers. Vigorous grower.
4. Salvia 'San Takao' - Light pink blooms that goes into December! Likes it dry and a little protected. Worth any extra effort!
5. Cercidiphyllum japonicum - If you have the space, a Katsura Tree is a must. Lacey leaves that turn creamy yellow and orange in the fall and whole tree smells like brown sugar.
6. Lonicera 'Lemon Beauty' - Beautiful evergreen shade shrub. Yellow variegated and arching habit.
7. Geranium 'Margaret Wilson' - This is a new one to us. Is semi evergreen with white variegated leaves. The variegation is unlike any coloring I have seen.
8. Sarcococca confusa - Everyone should have a Sarcocoua by their front door. The only plant with a stronger mid winter flower is Daphne Odora but Sarcocoua isn't finicky.
9. Pelargonium 'Persian Queen' - Fancy leaf geranium, so it needs protection. Hard to find, so grab it if you see one. Brilliant lime green leaves with hot pink flowers.
10. Leucojum aestivum - Spring bulb. Dainty white bells with little green dots on end of petals. So pretty.
1. Daphne ‘Carol Mackie’
4. Mukdenia Crimson Fans
5. Heuchera ‘Obsidian’
8.Lavandula stoechas 'Lavender' (Spanish)
9. Lavatera ‘Red Rum’
10. Acanthus 'Bear's Breech'
11. Just for consideration because I couldn’t leave out one of my favorites… Dicentra spectabilis 'Bleeding Heart'
Call The Graybarn Nursery directly at 425-898-8265
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: 09-27-2010